|Three Girls and a Moose|
|Season 4, Episode 4|
|First Aired||October 20, 2012 |
|Writer(s)||Dan Schneider & Christopher J. Nowak|
|Viewed By:||3.241 million|
Three Girls and a Moose is the fourth episode of Season 4 and the 51st episode overall of Victorious.
Tori, Cat, and Jade try to win the affection of Beck's handsome Canadian friend, Moose. Tori attempts to impress Moose with hockey trivia, Jade uses her and Moose's mutual favorite movie The Scissoring, while Cat tries attracting him with hamburgers. The girls' obsession leads to them neglecting their responsibility of helping the guys out with Tinkle-Aid, a fundraiser for a third boys' restroom in the school. Tori and Jade had committed to singing back-up for André, while Cat had agreed to be Robbie 's assistant in his magic act. While focused on their competition for Moose, none of the girls attend any of the rehearsals. When the three girls, along with Trina and Moose, drive to Karaoke Dokie, the boys confront them and inform them that they had to cut them out of the program altogether. André had found a way around needing back-up singers, and Sinjin and Burf were Robbie's new assistants. After this, Moose tells them that he should really go spend some time with Beck. They agree, and after prying Trina off his back, they let him leave.
Later, when Beck and Moose were hanging out outside of Beck's RV, Tori comes by to apologize to Beck for abandoning Tinkle-Aid and to Moose for lying about being into hockey. She then tries to get Moose to say he liked her the best. At this point, Jade makes her presence known, and she and Tori begin to fight over Moose once more, as Cat comes by with a grill of hamburgers. Beck, unable to stand it anymore, tells Moose to choose which one of the "freaks", as he called them, he liked the best. Moose explains that he only likes Canadian girls because of they actually like hockey, are bigger, and aren't as weird as LA girls.
At Tinkle-Aid the following night, Tori and Cat rush in to publicly apologize to Beck, André, Robbie, and all the other LA boys by singing a duet entitled LA Boyz. The boys seem to enjoy it and praise the girls afterwards, but Beck notices Moose isn't there, and none of the others seem to know where he is. Meanwhile, Jade is supposedly driving Moose to Karaoke Dokie, but instead, drives him off into the middle of nowhere and makes out with him.
Robbie, Beck, André, and all the other boys at Hollywood Arts host an event called "Tinkle-Aid" to help Hollywood Arts raise enough money to build another boy's bathroom since there is one more girl's bathroom than there is boys bathroom.
- Brandon Jones guest stars in this episode as Moose.
- This is the first and only time that the main girls are romantically interested in the same person.
- Liz Gillies retweeted LizGOnline's tweet saying "Another new episode of @Victorious, called "Three Girls And A Moose", is scheduled for Saturday, October 20th!"
- Jade begins wearing purple and pink streaks in her hair in this episode and for the rest of the series, excluding the next episode "Cell Block". This is because "Cell Block" was filmed earlier than "Three Girls and a Moose", as evidenced by the earlier production code.
- This episode has the fourth Catorade plot in the whole series, the first three being Freak the Freak Out, Car, Rain & Fire, and The Blonde Squad.
- This is the first time that the episode title is not said by a character in this season.
- This is the first time that Jade mocks Tori's voice since Who Did It to Trina?
- This is the third time that Trina makes minor appearances.
- Tori wears an LA Kings jersey in one scene.
- The title of this episode may be a pun on the 1987 comedy movie "Three Men and a Baby." It could also be a pun on the 2004 episode of Drake and Josh "Two Idiots and a Baby" or the episode of Full House "Three Men and a Baby" or the movie "Three Men and a Baby."
- This is the second time that Jade cuts up flowers. First was in The Diddly-Bops when she cuts up flowers that Tori's mother grew.
- The Karaoke Dokie set returns in this episode.
- This is the second time that Karaoke Dokie is shown. The first being Freak the Freak Out.
- This is the 4th time Tori sang karaoke on the show, the first three times being:
- This is the third time Cat has sang karaoke. The first time was Give It Up (with Jade) in Freak the Freak Out (episode) and the second time was Five Fingaz to the Face (with the whole cast) in Driving Tori Crazy
- This is the second time Cat has sang karaoke at Karaoke Dokie.
- This is the first episode in season 4 that features a song.
- This is the first song from Victorious 3.0 that premiered from Season 4.
- This is the first and only time that Trina appears at Karaoke Dokie.
- This is the second time that Tori and Cat are in love with the same person. The first being Cat's New Boyfriend.
- This episode includes the only time in the series that Jade kisses someone other than Beck.
- This is the second time that Jade kisses a Canadian Character. The first being Beck in the first 2 Seasons.
- This is the second time Cat imitates Tori, the first being Beck Falls for Tori.
- As of this episode, Tori has sung duets with all the main girls except her sister Trina.
- A music video has been made for the duet song LA Boyz.
- This episode has various references from previous episodes.
- "Same size as his toosh". Toosh is a reference to The Gorilla Club when Sikowitz attempted to milk a horse.
- The Karaoke Dokie set returns after its last appearance in Freak The Freak Out.
- Jealousy is referenced from Cat's New Boyfriend when Tori was jealous of Cat.
- Jade imitation of Tori's voice is a reference to various previous episodes, including Wok Star and Beck Falls for Tori.
- "The Scissoring" is mentioned in this episode, referencing A Christmas Tori, in which it was first mentioned.
- Jade also shows Moose the actual scissors from "The Scissoring" that Cat got her for Christmas in the same episode. Cat mentions that she got them for Jade as a Christmas present.
- Despite having no lines, Rex makes his first appearance since Crazy Ponnie.
- Running Gags
- Ending tagline: Why are they so angry at that little pucker? - Tori
- This episode got 3.241 million viewers, beating Driving Tori Crazy by 0.4 million.
- The jacket Tori wore when she was at her house is the same one she wore in The Gorilla Club.
- Beck is wearing the same shirt from the end of the episode Tori Fixes Beck and Jade in this episode.
- Back in Freak the Freak Out, Cat and Jade were banned from singing at Karaoke Dokie ever again. But Cat was seen singing with Tori in this episode although maybe after Louise Nordoff (Tori) won, the ban was lifted, or there's a new owner.
- In Survival of the Hottest, Beck states that the windows in The Silver Streak are bulletproof and couldn't open but while Beck is sitting with Moose the windows are opened. (though after the Survival of the Hottest incident it is possible he changed the windows).
- Sinjin says that there are only 3 toilets in the girl's restroom, But in April Fools' Blank there are more than 3 toilets. But April Fool's Blank is not canonical.
- Technically, Tori and Cat did not sing karaoke because the lyrics weren't shown at Karaoke Dokie.
- At the end, when Jade turns off her car and says that it has run out of gas, Moose says that her car has a full tank, but when a car is off the marker rolls down.
- It's possible that he saw the gauge before she turned the car off.
- When performing LA Boyz, Cat's mouth sometimes doesn't match her singing.
- In Beggin' on Your Knees, Ryder exited the bathroom from the right of the couch (Tori even points him over to the bathroom on the right), but in this episode, Moose exits the bathroom from the left of the couch. It's very unlikely the Vega household would have two bathrooms on the same level.
- In the song LA Boyz, for one of the lyrics Cat sings, "In the drop-tops, Harleys, Escalades too", the lyrics in the episode seem to be changed for an unknown reason.
Sinjin: SUPPORT TINKLE AID!!!
Moose: Can someone get this girl off my back?
Moose: But I'm hoping to see the house where they filmed my favorite scary movie.
Tori: Oh, what movie?
Moose: The Scissoring.
Tori: (feigning interest) Oh!
Jade: (standing between Robbie and Moose, staring at Moose intently) You're a fan of The Scissoring?
Moose: Oh yeah!
(Jade shoves Robbie of the seat; he squeals in shock and sits down in the now empty chair)
Jade: First of all, I love that movie more than I love my mother. And I happen to know exactly where that house is. I even know how to sneak into the backyard. (grabs Moose's hand)Look at that hand! You must destroy gloves.
Tori: Waiter, my friend Moose wants a hamburger right now!
Cat: He's my friend too!
Beck: I remember when he was my friend.
Pretty Waitress: You want me to take your order?
Tori: No, we don't want you!
Jade: Go get the ugly waiter.
Tori: (To Moose) She's actually a dude!
Robbie: We always go to Nozu. I want a hamburger.
André: Yeah, I need some beef and fat.
(Tori and Jade react with disgust)
Robbie: Come on...
Cat: We want sushi!
Robbie: We've had sushi three times this week already!
André: Come on, let's just go to Karaoke Dokie and get a burger.
Jade: We're going for sushi!
André: Alright, fine.
Robbie: Sushi at Nozu.
Beck: Hey, guys.
Tori: Oh hi! You wanna come to Nozu with us?
Beck: Oh, I can't; my friend Moose just got here from Canada.
Tori: You have a friend named Moose?
Beck: Yeah, I haven't seen him since feeferdoon.
Cat: What's feeferdoon?
Beck: Oh, in Canada, that's what we call kindergarten.
Jade: Wow, that's not interesting.
Cat: I love Canada.
Moose: Really? What do you love about it?
Cat: Ummmm... Hey, what is this? Some kind of quiz or something? (Laughs then holds Moose's hand)
Moose: (Jade had turned off the car & said the gas tank was empty) The gauge says you have a full tank.
Jade: Try not to talk.
(Jade pulls Moose to face her & the two start kissing)
Moose: Later can we get a hamburger?
Jade: We'll see.
Beck: So Saturday, Tori and Jade are gonna sing back up for you?
André: Mmm-hmm. (To Jade) Jade, did you get the lyrics I sent?
Jade: How much does Moose weigh? Like 210, 220?
Beck: I don't know.
André: (to Beck) I still don't know if she got the lyrics I sent.
Moose: (comes in the hall with a bouquet of roses) Hey Cat.
Cat: Oh, Moose, hi! Who are those flowers for?
Moose: You. (gives the flowers to Cat)
Cat: (gasps, and takes the bouquet) Flowers for me?
Moose: Yeah. I got your text that said, "Hi Moose, it's Cat. Please bring flowers to me at Hollywood Arts immediately."
Cat: Aw! You're such a sweetie. Come on let's show Tori and Jade the flowers you brought me. And not them.
[Tori and Cat sit down at the table with Moose, Robbie and Jade go for the last seat]
Jade: Get up!
Robbie: No, my legs are already straddling in the chair! My legs are straddling!
Jade: Ugh! [reluctantly sits down with Beck and André]
Click here to see the photo gallery for Three Girls and a Moose.