- This page is about the episode. You may be looking for the TV series of the same name.
"Uhh... Tuna fish, flowers, giggling, the word 'panties', cilantro, rainbows, ducks... man, I hate ducks. Cramps, string cheese, clocks, wet doorknobs, bras that hook in the front, the color yellow, carpeting...
|Season 1, Episode 18|
|First Aired||February 5th, 2011|
|Viewed By:||4.4 million|
"A Film by Dale Squires"
The Wood is the 18th episode of Victorious. It aired on February 5th, 2011 to 4.4 million viewers.
Tori and her friends are chosen to star in a reality show called The Wood that is going to be filmed at Hollywood Arts. The show attempts to focus on the real drama at Hollywood Arts. Soon, however, they realize that reality TV is fake after the producers distort a phone call to make it seem like Beck and Tori were dating, when in reality, the phone call was two separate phone calls of Beck ordering pizza and Tori talking to her aunt and her aunt's puppy. Jade angrily confronts Tori after seeing the phone call before realizing the truth. The producers of the show convince Tori, André, Beck, and Jade that the reality show is similar to improv, leading the gang to create fights and do despicable acts to create drama.
Eventually, as part of their improv for the reality show, Tori and Jade inadvertently smash Festus' car with golf clubs, which they mistaken for a junk car they requested. Lane demands the crew members leave their school and forces Tori and Jade to wheelbarrow Festus home since they had destroyed his car. Adhering to Festus's demands, they push him on cart while singing Forever Baby in Spanish ("Siempre Bebe").
Meanwhile, Trina and Robbie, who are rejected from being in the reality show, get into an argument that gets Festus injured, and as a punishment, they have to work at The Grub Truck, filling in for Festus.
- The cup that Beck drank out of resembles the cup in Drake & Josh in the episode "Battle of Panthatar" that Josh was drinking out of.
- Absent: Ariana Grande as Cat Valentine (Cat is mentioned).
- There are many references to iCarly in this episode:
- When Jade is auditioning for The Wood, she tells them a few of the many things she hates, one of which is the word "panties". Sam from iCarly hates this word as well.
- André says he likes to tickle his own tummy, and Tori says everyone loves tickling their tummies. This is similar to the kid who sent a video to iCarly who enjoyed tickling himself.
- André said that Beck "made soup in his toilet". This was a segment on iCarly.com and in the episode "iThink They Kissed", where a prisoner stated that he makes punch in his own toilet.
- When Tori and Jade are pushing the wheelbarrow, they are going down the same street featured in iCarly in the scene where Carly rides her electric scooter, as well as the street Gibby and Guppy are riding down in the episode "iDo".
- According to Jade on TheSlap, she got Katie, the female producer of The Wood, fired as revenge for hitting on Beck, though this is not shown in the episode.
- List of things Jade says she hates
- Tuna fish
- The word "panties"
- Ducks ("Man, I hate ducks.")
- String cheese
- Wet doorknobs
- Bras that hook in the front
- The color yellow
- Carpeting (was mentioned but was cut off)
- When Tori was auditioning for The Wood, she stated that the worst thing she has ever done is when she sprayed hot cheese on Cat and her boyfriend Danny and then kissed him right in front of Cat, referring to the events of Cat's New Boyfriend.
- Both Jade and Tori know some Spanish since they sang Forever Baby in Spanish, referencing both Rex Dies and Freak the Freak Out, where Rex and Robbie sing the song.
- This episode premiered to 4.4 million viewers, the channel's most watched premiere that week.
- Ending tagline: "Sometimes I do it to myself." —André.
- Jade is seen wearing the same shirt she wears in Cat's New Boyfriend.
- The janitor gave Tori a chocolate mop for Valentine's Day, but he did not give one to Jade. Tori uses this as an excuse to make fun of Jade.
- When the camera crew was getting ready to film Tori for one of the segments of the wood, one of the producers is seen eating a bag of Orville Redenbacher's popcorn which could possibly mean that Nickelodeon accidentally showed an example of product placement.
- The car that Jade and Tori smash up with golf clubs is a 1978 AMC Concord station wagon. They were supposed to smash a 1984–1985 Honda Accord.
- This is the second time Jade and Tori fake a fight, the first in Stage Fighting.
- The Wood is a parody of MTV Drama The Hills.
- The song "Former Overexposed Blonde" is performed by Ke$ha.
- This is the eighth episode where the title is said.
- Robbie's Astro Craft in the beginning of the episode looks similar to the character of Weebo from the 1997 Disney movie "Flubber".
- This episode is named after the 1999 film also called "The Wood" starring Omar Epps, Taye Diggs, and Richard T. Jones.
- This is the first time Tori and Jade speak Spanish.
- A Bank of America and Citi buildings can be seen in the skyline.
- When Trina and Robbie are working in the Grub Truck, they throw foods out to customers, which happened in a That's So Raven episode where Cory and Victor work in a truck on a construction site.
- When Tori and Jade are talking about the janitor, an iCarly sticker can be seen on one of the lockers.
- "I think the rebels won that one." is a reference to Star Wars.
- The scene where Tori kicks Jade in the crotch was cut in the UK, because the viewers did not want to see them fighting.
- Comcast misspells The Grub Truck as The Glub Truck.
- When Robbie and Trina are fighting off the Grub Truck customers, Robbie yells, "I'm not Andy Samberg!" Andy Samberg is one of the cast members on SNL, and like Robbie, is notable for his hair.
Beck: You always gotta make a big deal over nothin'!!
André: You trashed my beach house!!
Beck: You said I could use your beach house!!
André: I didn't say you could puke on my carpet, and make soup in my toilet!!
Beck: It was a beach house party, what'd you think was gonna happen?!?
André: Who put my dog in a weddin' dress?!?
Beck: It was hilarious!
André: You know what, this friendship is over!
Beck: Eat a rag!
André: You eat two rags!!!
Mick: What do you hate?
Jade: Ooh. Tuna fish, flowers, giggling, the word 'panties', cilantro, rainbows, ducks... man, I hate ducks. Cramps, string cheese, clocks, wet doorknobs, bras that hook in the front, the color yellow, carpeting...
Trina: Hey, Beck. Smell my arm. (sticks arm under his nose) No perfume; that's my natural scent.
(Beck looks at Tori)
Tori: I have to live with her.
[In the Grub Truck 50 kids scream at Trina and Robbie for their food]
Robbie: NO I'M NOT ANDY SAMBERG!!!
Trina: WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!?
Kyle: Tori Vega, Beck Oliver, Jade West, and André Harris, congratulations! You're all going to be featured on The Wood.
Trina: And what about me?
Trina: Why not?
Kyle: 'Cause you reek of desperation.
Beck: That's her natural scent.
Robbie: I'M NOT ANDY SAMBERG!
Tori: (to Beck) Your lemonade, sir.
Beck: Thanks. ...hey, why's it pink?
Tori: It's pink lemonade.
Beck: I've never seen any pink lemons.
Tori: There are no pink lemons.
Beck: ...so what makes it pink?
Tori: Well... you know, it's, shut up!
Jade: (watching The Wood) Ugh, yeah, shoot me from that angle.
Beck: You look great.
Jade: I know.
Robbie: Okay...I'm Robbie.
Rex: I'm Rex.
Robbie: Thank you for your time.
Tori: Don't you want to wait for Jade?
Beck: Jade's here.
Jade: (comes down from upstairs) I'm here.
Tori: When did you get here?
Jade: Half-hour ago.
Tori: Where have you been?
Jade: In your room. You have a lot of things in there. (Jade makes a face at Tori, who gives her a look of confusion)
Tori: But what---
Jade: (sits next to Beck) So let's see it!
Tori: That phone call between Beck and me wasn't real.
Jade: You offered to tickle his tummy!
Tori: I was talking to a puppy!
Beck: I was ordering a pizza!
Jade: How does she know you like having your tummy tickled?!
Tori: Everyone likes having their tummy tickled!
André: It's true! (Everyone turns to him) Sometimes I do it to myself...
Trina: Picture me sitting on a pony wearing a bright purple hat. I was wearing the hat not the pony. Do they even make pony hats? Anyway, i was looking fabou!
Kyle: Tell us something you love.
André: Easy. Music.
Mick: And something you hate?
André: Brussels sprouts.
Kyle: Okay, what if there was a really great song about brussels sprouts?
André: (now stuck on an answer) Well you know I'll probably... I'll probably feel like... Cause when it usually depends on... Umm... may I go to the bathroom?
André: Man, this show is good! (Referring to The Wood)
[During Beck's interview]
Katie: Are you dating anyone?!
Katie: I just want to know if he has a girlfriend. (turns to Beck) Do you?
Beck: Yeah I do...
Katie: Dang it!
[Jade stares at her in shock]
Tori & Jade: (singing Forever Baby in Spanish): Pon tu cuerpo cerca del mio, en el tiempo perdámonos, yo soy tuyo y tu eres mio, por siempre baby, yo no se que vamos a hacer, nunca te dejare, eres para mi y yo para ti, por siempre baby.
- In this episode, Jade says she hates tuna fish, yet in the episode Robarazzi, she mentions having tuna fish for lunch. However, this may be normal since throughout the series, she says she likes to torture herself.
- The Wood director's camera dies really quickly, since in every on-camera shot, the battery indicator decreases.
- The clip used when the narrator says, "Is Beck getting tired of the same old thing?" is from the episode Jade Dumps Beck, footage that the in-universe camera crew should not have been able to acquire.
- Some of the clips filmed for the fake phone conversation are not the same ones they filmed for the actual conversation. (For example, Tori says "later" in a more flirty tone in the fake conversation than she did when talking with her aunt.)
- When Jade and Tori are pushing Festus to his house on the wheelbarrow singing Forever Baby, they are not singing the same exact words in Spanish.
- It is revealed in this episode that Festus has a car. However, on TheSlap he says he drives The Grub Truck to Hollywood Arts every day.
- However, since the Grub Truck remained at Hollywood Arts due to his injury, he made use of his car.
- In the scene where Beck is on the phone ordering pizza, he is holding the phone under his hair. Although, when Beck says "except for the onions", the phone is over his hair. This also happens right before Robbie runs up complaining that Trina poked him with a fork.
- When Tori and Jade are pushing Festus to his home, Festus asks them to sing the Spanish version of "Forever Baby", but his nationality is not Spanish as he clearly states he is Yerbanian in Locked Up or maybe he just likes Spanish music in general.
- When the quartet watch The Wood, Tori's segments of the flirty phone call are clearly at night while Beck's are in broad daylight, making it somewhat unclear as to how Jade managed to fall for such a clear falsehood.
- Victoria Justice as Tori Vega
- Leon Thomas as André Harris
- Matt Bennett as Robbie Shapiro
- Elizabeth Gillies as Jade West
- Avan Jogia as Beck Oliver
- Daniella Monet as Trina Vega
Click here to see the photo gallery for The Wood.