|Sleepover at Sikowitz's|
|Season 1, Episode 20|
|First Aired||March 26th, 2011|
|Writer(s)||George Doty IV|
|Viewed By:||4.13 million|
"A Film by Dale Squires"
"Beggin' on Your Knees (Season 2)"
Sleepover at Sikowitz's is the 20th episode of Victorious. It is also the Season 1 finale. It aired on March 26, 2011 to 4.1 million viewers.
Sikowitz hosts a sleepover party to help Tori, André, Robbie, Cat, Jade, and Beck learn about method acting. Each person chooses the character another person will play. Whoever breaks character before the next morning is eliminated from the party and banished from his house forever. Tori's character is a police officer obsessed with Raisin Bran that wears a lot of red lipstick (chosen by André based on a dream he had), Robbie plays a motivational speaker who drank a beverage that gave him jelly legs (chosen by Cat), Cat's persona (created by Beck) works as an annoying 80's comedian, Beck's character is an Englishman with a Cockney accent who loves to invade other people's personal space (chosen by Robbie), Jade's character (chosen by Tori) is a happy-go-lucky Alabama farm girl who is positive about everything, and André acts as a marathon runner who is nine months pregnant (upon Jade's request).
When everyone arrives at Sikowitz’s house, they all compete to go the longest without breaking character. Robbie loses the game first when he is fooled into breaking character by Sikowitz, who crashes through his kitchen window to catch a fly and pretends to be injured so that his students will forget the game in their concern. Sikowitz's nephew Jason then enters from another room, and Tori (in character) flirts with him. When Jason mentions he'll be going to the Moxi to see a movie with his friends, Cat breaks character voluntarily in order to go with him. André's grandmother, who is paranoid about why he has not come home, frantically calls him multiple times asking where he is, but André only continues to stay in character, confusing her even further. This prompts her to come to Sikowitz's home and ask demandingly, who 'did that to him' (meaning his pregnancy). As André tries to explain in a whispered voice, he breaks character and is sent away by Sikowitz, who had heard him.
Sikowitz then asks Jade to go get a tray of hot quesadillas fresh from the oven. Jade burns her hand, but manages to stay in character while in pain. She eventually runs out of the house to yell and destroy the neighbor's car, losing the game. Eventually, Tori and Beck's characters begin to drive Sikowitz nuts, so he leaves the room so they can't bother him, and they fall asleep. In the morning, Beck breaks character when he asks Tori what time it is in his normal voice. Tori, realizing that Beck broke character, becomes very excited and shakes Raisin Bran on him, declaring that she is "VICTORIOUS!" She continues to stay in character while she celebrates her win.
Meanwhile, David and Holly Vega are trying to celebrate their wedding anniversary by watching a sad and romantic movie, but are interrupted by all the eliminated students (first Robbie, then Cat and Jason, then André, then Jade), all of whom, for unknown reasons, find the film super hilarious.
- Absent: Daniella Monet as Trina Vega, although she is mentioned by her dad when Robbie drops by the house. According to her TheSlap page, she was at the mall with her friends.
- Terms of Endearment is a real movie. You can watch the film here.
- Andre's dream about Tori's character is a reference to Lil Wayne's song Mrs. Officer.
- In the promo, you can hear Beggin' on Your Knees, which was heard in the next episode, Beggin' on Your Knees.
- Avan Jogia said on Twitter that this is his favorite episode of Season 1.
- Dan Schneider is mentioned by Beck near the end of the episode.
- Likewise, Dan himself said that this episode is reminiscent of his older shows, like All That and The Amanda Show; these shows featured unusual characters who tried their best to annoy others.
- How each member breaks character:
- Robbie, when Sikowitz (pretending to be hurt) asks who's there, and Robbie reveals his real name.
- Cat, when she cheerfully joins Sikowitz's nephew Jason to go to the movies.
- André, when his grandmother comes in and he tries to deny being André, but then he breaks character when he tries to explain to her that it is an acting exercise.
- Jade, who after accidentally burning her hands by touching a very hot tray, runs outside, and Sikowitz claims she "never broke character", until she yells and breaks a car window. Sikowitz and Tori retreat inside when a police car drives by.
- Beck, who after he and Tori crashed on Sikowitz's chairs, he says, "What time is it?" in his normal voice, forgetting his British accent.
- Season's Last Line: "I am a police officer, and I am Victorious! Enjoy some raisin bran, you freakish Brit!"
- Cat says "Where's the beef?" in the same tone that the cast does (excluding Tori) near the end of April Fool's Blank.
- Ending tagline: (Sikowitz) "I can't take it anymore!"
- Raisin Bran is actually a real cereal.
- This is the first time Rex hit on Tori and felt uncomfortable (Tori kissed Rex after Rex joked that Tori's part was to be a girl who loved kissing boys his size and Rex probably never expected Tori to kiss him) Rex also never appears after that.
- Sikowitz likes liquid soap just like Gibby from iCarly.
- The outfit that Jade wears is similar to the outfit Carly wears during the "The Idiot Farm Girl Who Thought the Cowboy's Mustache was a Squirrel" segment in "iCarly".
- This is the second time that Cat's hair is curly (even though the actress who portrays Cat Ariana Grande's hair is naturally curly). First being Pilot.
- A picture of André in-character is seen in Freddie's blog on iCarly.com.
- This is the second episode that a main character has had to play a farm girl, the first being in the episode The Bird Scene (Tori).
- It is implied in this episode that Cat broke up with Danny since she is flirting and going out with Jason in this episode.
- André's shirt says Daka on it. This was a reference to the iCarly episode "iPromote Techfoots," and the Drake & Josh episode "Really Big Shrimp."
- The characters who had to choose for each other:
- Jade almost broke character when she threatened Beck (in character) while eating Raisin Bran together with Tori (in character).
- This is the first episode to be self-referential, when Tori declares herself "Victorious" for not breaking character and winning Sikowitz's challenge.
- This is the second time that Beck was forced to speak in a British accent. The first time was in The Bird Scene
- Not counting IParty with Victorious, this is the last episode where Jade's hair color is brown.
- Sikowitz informs Tori and Beck not to look under the cabinet in his bathroom implying he is hiding adult material or personal items.
- When Jade breaks the neighbor's car window after breaking character, she shouts "move this car" which sounds like she said a curse word.
- The order in which they were banished from Sikowitz's house goes: Robbie, then Cat, then André, then Jade, then Beck. This was the same order in which they were eliminated in their alphabetical improv in Pilot, only that Robbie was not in the game, and Beck never got eliminated in the game.
- According to Sikowitz, he had claimed he'd gotten a recipe from Crispin Glover, Crispin Glover is an actor who starred in Back to the Future as George McFly.
- With the series including the first season starting on March 27, 2010, and this episode airing on March 26, 2011 as a season finale, season 1 went on for almost exactly a year.
- This is the first time Jade has said something about using a car to hurt herself. In this episode she says "I'd rather slam my tongue in a car door". In The Worst Couple, she says "If we're gonna keep talking about Tori's phone, can someone take me to a car door so I can slam my face in it."
- Sikowitz refers to Tori as Toro. (Toro is a fatty tuna according to Sikowitz)
- Toro sushi is also mentioned in iCarly season 6 episode 4 when Spencer calls Carly fatty tuna.
- This is the first, and only time Sikowitz's house is seen.
- This is the first and only time Sikowitz's name is in the title of an episode.
- Sikowitz is the only recurring character in the series to have their name in an episode title
- Robbie and his Giant PearPad.
- The kids appearing at the Vega's house and laughing at Terms of Endearment, which is a romantic tragedy, not a comedy.
- Tori (as Officer P'Desko) eating and talking about Raisin Bran.
Tori: Look, I'm sorry we disappointed you.
Robbie: Yeah, it's just that we think that method acting is kinda dumb.
Sikowitz: Well, of course you think method acting is dumb. It's too challenging for you.
Jade: Yeah, I really don't think that's the issue here.
Sikowitz: Staying in character no matter what happens is something only true, professional actors can pull off…sometimes I forget ou're all just children, you know, amateurs.
Cat: He called us amateurs!
Rex: Your whack job teacher called all y'all out! Ha! I love it!
Sikowitz: Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your little--amateur--feelings.
Cat: [Gasps] He did it again!
Sikowitz: Who wants to have a sleepover at my house?
Jade: [Raises her hand] I do. [Everyone looks at her] Oh come on! You guys don't wanna see where this lunatic lives? No offense.
Sikowitz: It's alright, Jade. I savor your bitterness like a sweet, rancid cream sauce.
Jade: So who picks the characters we play?
Sikowitz: Beck, you'll choose for Cat, Cat will choose for Robbie, Robbie will choose for Beck, André will choose for Tori, Tori will choose for Jade, Jade, you'll choose for André. I think that deserves some applause!
Sikowitz: Okay, Beck. What role will Cat be playing at the Great Sikowitz Sleepover?
Beck: Cat will play a 1980s standup comedian...who's very annoying.
Cat: I wanna be a unicorn.
Beck: You can't.
Sikowitz: Now, Cat! Who will Robbie be playing?
Cat: Well, I've decided Robbie's role should be…a motivational speaker…
Robbie: Pfft, I can do that!
Cat: Who just drank some weird beverage that makes his legs weak and wobbly.
Robbie: Okay, so, uh, I'm a motivational speaker with...jelly legs.
Cat: Yeah, I'm creative.
Sikowitz: Wonderful. Robbie, tell us the character you've chosen for Beck.
Robbie: Sure! One sec. [Searches on his Pear Pad] Okay. Beck will be playing a guy from England whose accent is really hard to understand and he's always invading people's personal space.
Beck: [In an English accent] No problem.
Sikowitz: André! What do you have in store for Toro?
Tori: Did you just call me Toro?
Tori: It's Tori!
Sikowitz: I know. But I do love that fatty tuna.
Tori: [Asks Robbie] Should I be offended?
André: Okay, Tori's character will be a cop who wears way too much red lipstick and is obsessed with Raisin Bran.
Tori: Where did you come up with that?
André: Well, see, I had this dream last night, and this lady cop was like--she was all like--and then I was like--I just thought of it.
Sikowitz: Alright, Tori, tell us what Jade will be.
Tori: Love to. [Jade glares at Tori] Jade will be an innocent farm girl from Alabama who's always super sweet and never gets upset about anything.
Jade: I'd rather slam my tongue in a car door.
Sikowitz: Now tell us who André will be playing.
Jade: Ugh, fine. You're gonna be a guy who's just finished running a marathon…
Jade: Who also happens to be nine months pregnant.
André: Who's the daddy?
Sikowitz: Well, hello there.
Tori: I am a police officer. Would you like some raisin bran?
Sikowitz: Ah, no, thank you, but please come in.
Tori: Yeah, sure.
Sikowitz: And your name is?
Tori: Officer P'Desko. Do you have anything sharp and/or pointy in your pockets that could injure me?
Sikowitz: I certainly hope not.
Sikowitz: I'll answer it.
Robbie: Yes, thanks for welcoming us into your fine home! But don't forget to thank yourself! Because if you just believe in yourself, there's nothing you can't do!
Sikowitz: I didn't catch your name.
Robbie: Oh, I'm sorry. I was just admiring your fine animal statuettes. I'm Kevin Cornbloom, motivational speaker. I've devoted my life to helping teens--oh, there go the legs! [falls down]
Sikowitz: Are you all right?
Robbie: I'm right as rain, thank you for asking.
Tori: 10-21, we got a man down! Caucasian male, glasses, afro, possibly Jewish. Can I offer you some raisin bran? Sikowitz: I didn't catch your name.
Robbie: No, thank you, officer.
André: Man, I'm so tired and pregnant. I gotta sit down.
Sikowitz: Please, take any seat.
André: Thanks. Hoo!
Robbie: Yes! Just believe in your dreams, and you can sit in any chair. Anywhere…
Cat: What I wanna know is what part of the chicken do the nuggets come from? Can someone tell me this, please? I mean, where's the wacky farm that raises nugget chickens?
Sikowitz: Hilarious observations. Please come in.
Cat: And don't get me started on airplane food.
Tori: I notice that you're a standup comedienne.
Cat: Where's the beef?
Tori: I'm a police officer. Would you like to join me in a handful of raisin bran?
Cat: What's the deal with Raisin Bran? Is it raisins? Is it bran? I wanna know.
Robbie: Ladies, please. It's not about the raisins or the bran! It's about the future and living your dreams, and there go the legs! [falls down]
Tori: Hey! You!
Jade: Why, hello, officer. Isn't this just a lovely shindig?
Tori: I can see your belly button!
Jade: Why, yes, that is my belly button.
Tori: Have you ever considered filling it with Raisin Bran?
Jade: Well, no. My name is Betty Sue Goldenheart. I live on a farm in Alabama, just north of a little--
Tori: (Stuffs Raisin Bran in Jade's mouth) Now you're eating Raisin Bran.
Jade: Mmm! I just love eating cereal that's been manhandled by your filthy hands.
Sikowitz: Uh-oh! I spy a fly with my little thigh!
Sikowitz: [Grabs fly swatter] Come here, you winged nuisance!
Tori: I'll need to see a license and registration.
Beck: Oh, sorry there, constable. I don't own a motorcar and therefore have no such documents in me trouser pockets.
Tori: Why don't you stop invading my personal space and have a little of this raisin bran?.
Beck: I'm game, so why don't you pop a dabble in me mouth?
Jade: Well! Aren't you two having a fun time eatin' raisin bran together?
Beck: Well, it's--[mumbles]
Jade: Just be careful now, Mister British man,'cause who knows what terrible things might happen to you if that continues?
[André's phone rings]
André: Hello? Ooh.
Charlotte: André! It's grandma!
André: Uh, I'm sorry, this isn't André. I'm a pregnant marathon runner.
Charlotte: André, don't you play games with me!
André: Oh my goodness, I think I'm gonna have a baby!
André: Oh, why did I run that marathon while I was pregnant?
Charlotte: WHAT THE BUG ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!?
Tori: [blows whistle] Who is that handsome young man over there?
Sikowitz: This is my nephew, Jason. He's staying with me while his parents are in Bangkok.
Tori: Does he have a girlfriend? Because as a police officer, I need to know that information.
Jason: No, I'm not dating anyone.
Tori: Oh, then we have much to discuss.
[Jason leaves with Cat]
Tori: And to think I was gonna let that boy eat my Raisin Bran.
'Sikowitz: Hello. May I help--
Charlotte: I DON'T KNOW YOU! [screams and runs away]
Tori: Who's at the door?
Sikowitz: I'm not sure. She was--
Charlotte: [comes back] WHERE'S ANDRE?!
Sikowitz: Well…well, that's a dilly of a pickle.
Charlotte: I don't eat pickles!
Sikowitz: Uh, no. You see, André, per se, isn't…here.
Charlotte: I see him right there!!
Beck: 'Ello love. Y'look a but chaffed. Could I interest you in a tiddly-doinks? Maybe a couple of--
Jade: My goodness, that tray was ho. Well, lookie there, My skin's startin' to blister. And I do believe that's the sweet smell of my burning flesh.
Sikowitz: Jade, perhaps I should drive you-
Jade: Who's Jade? My name is Betty Sue Goldenheart, a happy farm girl who's experiencing extreme pain right now. Aowwwnng…[smiles and exits house]
Sikowitz: And yet she never broke character.
Jade: MOVE THIS CAR!!! [breaks car window]
Sikowitz: You broke character!
Tori: And your neighbor's car window.
[police car drives by]
Sikowitz: Go inside, go inside.
Beck: (in normal voice) Hey what time is it?
Tori: ...AH! AHHH! Your... broke character! YOU LOST! (stands up) I am a police officer, AND I AM VICTORIOUS! ENJOY SOME RAISIN BRAN, YOU FREAKISH BRIT! (pours some Raisin Bran on a smiling Beck) This is Officer P'Desko! Code 3! (imitates a police siren noise while running out) Ha-Ha!
- It is illegal for students to have a sleepover at their teacher's house. Tori's dad is a cop and surprisingly, he asked Robbie if he was supposed to be at his teacher's house for their challenge.
- In reality, he should've been aware of the sleepover and that he would've had Sikowitz arrested.
- The episode ends at Saturday morning. Technically, Tori and Beck both had succeeded in the method acting exercise.
- After the commercial break, you can see Beck playing with Cat's face, but when it shows them again, Cat is near the window, nowhere near Beck and he was in the same place as he was supposedly playing with Cat's face.
- Even if it was a police officer uniform, the badge on Tori's uniform is actually a security guard badge.
- Jade technically did not lose the method acting exercise. She stayed in character the whole time at Sikowitz's and broke character when she left his house.
Click here to see the photo gallery for Sleepover at Sikowitz's.