"Just shot my first scene, went pretty well."
For the wiki based on the series, click here.
Sam & Cat is an American teen sitcom created by Dan Schneider for Nickelodeon. It is a crossover and spin-off/sequel series of the shows iCarly and Victorious that premiered on June 8, 2013 and ended on July 17, 2014.
After Carly moves to Italy, Sam travels from Seattle on a motorcycle where iCarly was set to speak about making a web series at Hollywood Arts High School, the setting for Victorious. There, she rescues Cat from a dumpster. The two eventually become roommates and best friends with Dice. They love their freedom and independence but quickly realize that fun and adventure don't come cheap. Rather than get traditional after-school jobs, Sam and Cat become teen entrepreneurs by starting their own babysitting business.
- Nathan Kress as Freddie Benson
- Noah Munck as Gibby Gibson
- Reed Alexander as Nevel Papperman
- Danielle Morrow as Nora Dershlit
- Jennette McCurdy as Melanie Puckett
- Mary Scheer as Marissa Benson
- Eric Lange as Erwin Sikowitz
- Elizabeth Gillies as Jade West
- Matt Bennett as Robbie Shapiro
The series was picked up for a 20 episode season on November 29, 2012. It began production in January 2013 and premiered on June 8, 2013. The first season was doubled to 40 episodes on July 11, 2013 
At the Nickelodeon upfront meeting with advertisers on March 13, 2014, Nickelodeon programming president Russell Hicks confirmed that Sam & Cat has been renewed for a second season and producer Dan Schneider confirmed to Adweek that it was for 20 episodes. However, as of March 31, 2014, other Nickelodeon sources stated that an official decision has yet to be made if the show will be renewed. After airing 33 episodes, Nickelodeon released a promo that there were two more episodes left. Nickelodeon later confirmed the cancellation of the show, amid many backstage issues. The final episode aired on July 17, 2014 as a lead-in to the first Kids' Choice Sports Awards.
- This is the first live action crossover series created by Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon.
- This is the fourth Nickelodeon spin-off behind Rugrat's "All Grown Up" (2003), and "Angelica and Susie Pre-School Daze" (2005) and Jimmy Neutron's "Planet Sheen" (2010).
- This is the second time characters of iCarly and Victorious meet in a crossover after the crossover special "iParty with Victorious" but the first time in its standalone series.
- According to Ariana, episodes were filmed on Thursdays and Fridays.
- After the announcement for the show was made, fans of Victorious expressed dismay because they thought that the creation of this show was the reason for the cancellation of Victorious, although the creator for both shows has since stated otherwise.
- In the iCarly series finale "iGoodbye", Sam is seen at the end driving away on a motorcycle, symbolizing the transition to her new show.
- However, she is wearing other clothes at the beginning of this episode. She might have packed extra clothes.
- Oddly, her clothes in "iGoodbye" are seen at the beginning of #FavoriteShow on the sofa-bed.
- According to Ariana, the show is similar to Drake & Josh and Kenan & Kel, shows Dan Schneider produced previously.
- The sets are very colorful and creative with the essence of Sam and Cat in it. One of the sets is where Cat lives with her Nona, and another is a unique restaurant featuring robotic servers, where the characters often hang out.
- The show's premiere date, June 8, 2013, is also National Best Friends Day.
- Jennette and Ariana did not sing any proper musical numbers in the show, but they were rapping in #BabysitterWar.
- Sam & Cat is based on classic 70s' sitcoms and follows two young women with different personalities who become roommates and open a babysitting business together.
- Sam & Cat is inspired by the 70s sitcom Laverne & Shirley.
- Sam has many of the same traits as Laverne and Cat many of the same traits as Shirley.
- The episode #SalmonCat marks Shirley and Laverne's guest appearances.
- So far, Sam & Cat is the only Dan Schneider show to be filmed completely at Nick on Sunset. iCarly was filmed there seasons 1-5 and consisted of 6 seasons, Drake and Josh was only filmed there seasons 1, 2 and 4, All That was only filmed there seasons 3-10 and Zoey 101 wasn't filmed there at all.
- Sam & Cat Wiki
- Sam & Cat on Wikipedia
- Sam & Cat on IMDb
- Sam & Cat's Official Website
- Sam & Cat on Nick.com
- Sam & Cat on Twitter
- Sam & Cat on Facebook
- Sam & Cat on Instagram
- OC Register - It's graduation time for the O.C. kids on 'iCarly'
- Two Spinoffs, Animated Pilot From 'SpongeBob' Scribe Part of Ambitious Nickelodeon Slate
- Dan's blog about Sam & Cat being picked up
- Ariana about the air date for Sam & Cat
- Nickelodeon's 'Sam & Cat' Doubles Season 1 Order (Exclusive)
- Dan's Tweet Confirming Nick Doubled Its Order
- Ariana's Live Chat with Z100 on March 19, 2013
- Dan's blog about Victorious ending, clarifying that Sam & Cat was not the reason
- ClevverTV - Ariana Grande Talks "Sam & Cat" and New Music
- Access Hollywood interview - Jennette McCurdy & Ariana Grande Dish On Their New Show
- Dan's tweet about the premiere date and National Best Friends Day
- Teen Vogue - Interview with Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande on New Nick Comedy 'Sam & Cat'
- DailyMail - Nickelodeon costars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy lark around on set of TV commercial