|Height:||2'0" (60 cm).|
|Family & Friends|
|Friends:|| Robbie Shapiro (sometimes)|
Sinjin Van Cleef
|Relationships:||Tori Vega (one-sided crush)|
|Enemies:|| Cat Valentine|
|Interests:||Making fun of Robbie|
|Education:||"Student" at Hollywood Arts High School|
|Weaknesses:||People ripping off his limbs|
|Portrayed By:|| Jake Farrow (voice)|
Matt Bennett (controls him mostly)
Christopher Cane (self-proclaimed by Cane in Blooptorious)
Rex Powers is one of the eight main characters of Victorious. He is Robbie's best friend and ventriloquist dummy. Rex has no filter. He does not like to be called a "dummy" or "puppet", possibly because he isn't one. He says what's on his mind and doesn't hold back or beat around the bush. He hits on most girls at Hollywood Arts High School with the notable exception of Cat, Robbie's own love interest.
Rex is puppeteered by Matt Bennett and voiced by Jake Farrow, who is left uncredited to give the illusion that Robbie voices Rex. In "Blooptorious", he claims to be "Christopher Cane", a British actor.
Aside from his abrasiveness, Rex's most defining trait is his huge, unrequited, crush on Tori, even if she is often annoyed by him. In Sleepover at Sikowitz's, Tori kissed Rex as a way to shut him up, much to his joy. Such is his love for Tori that he is not angry at her for sucking him into the Tublow Jet (even though he sought revenge on Trina for a minor disagreement) and said his only truly kind-hearted line of the series to her (telling Tori that she was too good to wait for the announcement of an announcement of a new PearPhone). By contrast, it is extremely evident that he has no respect at all for the rest of the gang, Jade in particular, often insulting them without any provocation, outright telling Robbie that he would sell him for half a sandwich, even if he does consider them, or at least the guys, to be his friends.
- Red PearPhone XT
- Red PearPad 2
- Red PearBook Pro
Solos in a Group Number
|Episode:||Song:||Sing Also With:|
|Driving Tori Crazy||Five Fingaz to the Face||Dr. Rhapsody, Trina, Tori, Jade, Beck, Robbie, André, and Cat|
- Rex often says, "You don't know what I got!" when he gets offended or to state he is male-like, as opposed to Robbie.
- He is annoyed at places that don't sell anything his size, as Robbie has to take him to the Small & Short Store. On TheSlap, he also posted as his status that he was annoyed that they didn't make urinals in his size as well.
- A different Rex puppet was used for the pilot, with a bigger head and no neck.
- In the pilot's promo (and original cut of the episode), Rex has a different voice.
- In Freak the Freak Out, Rex is shown to not understand what a ventriloquist is. The DJ calls Robbie and Rex's performance a ventriloquist act. They respond (Robbie) "Ventriloquist?" (Rex) "What's he talking about?".
- He makes a cameo in the Sam & Cat episode "MommaGoomer" in the cut scene.
- He has his own account on TheSlap, under the username "RexAndTheCity", a play on the TV show, Sex and the City, which has more followers than Robbie's own account. He also unfollowed Robbie.
- According to TheSlap:
- He sleeps for 12 hours.
- He is scared of tofu but loves meat.
- His grandma was recycled years ago and is now part of an outdoor dining set.
- Jade and Trina have ripped off Rex's body parts. Jade tore off his arm in The Diddly-Bops, and Trina not only removed his foot in The Wood but went so far as to deep fry it.
- Tori kissed him in Sleepover at Sikowitz's.
- In Beggin' On Your Knees, Rex complimented Ryder Daniels's appearance, saying he is "hot." He is quite secure about this as he and then replies to his friends' questioning looks with, "Stare all you want, I'm secure."
- Most of the time Rex doesn't like being called a puppet. However, in iParty with Victorious, he tells Sam "Let's see if you can beat this puppet, Puckett!", and he later explains that "it's okay if I say it" meaning only he can call himself a puppet. In Who Did It to Trina?, Rex says "no one ever suspects the puppet." Whenever someone calls Rex a puppet, Robbie gets upset and tells people to not call him a puppet, as he doesn't like that term.
- He is friends with Sinjin, despite him making fun of him.
- He watches Fox News and believes that global warming is bogus.
- He seems to be dating, or at least frequently consorting with, female students from Northridge, as they have been mentioned or appeared in at least three episodes so far and he goes to their prom. He also suggested to build a parade float of Northridge girls in Terror on Cupcake Street.
- Rex has called Jade "the Wicked Witch" (Beck Falls for Tori) and "intense and scary" (A Film by Dale Squires).
- One interesting thing to note is that even though Robbie is presumably controlling Rex and talking through him, no one ever blames Robbie for it.
- He makes a cameo on the Game Shakers episode Tiny Pickles, where he runs over Matt Bennett, who made a guest appearance in the same episode.
- In Locked Up!, Rex is the only one of the gang who did not end up in jail. It would also appear that Rex is the only item the gang took back with them during their escape from Yerba, seeing as Sikowitz brought him per Robbie's request and there was no other luggage seen in the Duck Truck.
- The only time he hits on Trina is in Who Did It to Trina? when he was about to say his 2 favorite things about her, probably trying to flirt with her until she hit him.
- It could be possible that Robbie has low-self esteem that he expresses through Rex, since Rex is always insulting him.
- He thinks Robbie had a Bat Mitzvah (for girls) instead of a Bar Mitzvah (for boys).
- He usually makes fun of all the gangs problems.
- He celebrates Hanukkah with Robbie.
- He created a persona called Christopher Cane, used to frame the interview show in Blooptorious and iCarly's second blooper episode iBloop 2 - Electric Bloopaloo.
- He appears to need the bathroom quite frequently.
- Rex has his own video segment on TheSlap called "Rex Sings", where he sings songs, usually Tori's, from previous episodes, claiming that his voice is better than that of the original singer. Usually, Sinjin will be dancing in the background.
- In Pilot, you can see that Rex is not an average ventriloquist's dummy, as in a picture of Matt Bennett holding him, you can see Rex's back is torn open to control him, and his body is stuffed. However, in all the episodes following, he is a standard ventriloquist's dummy with a hollowed out torso, which his shirt is not a part of.
- It has been hinted several times that Rex is self-aware as he has moved with no one to hold him.
- Rather oddly, given his fondness for Tori and blatant lack of respect for Jade, Rex is the only member of the gang to be on Jade's side in "The Great Ping Pong Scam."
Click here to see the photo gallery for Rex Powers.