|Cat's New Boyfriend|
|Season 1, Episode 12|
|First Aired||October 8th, 2010|
|Viewed By:||2.9 million|
"The Great Ping Pong Scam"
"Freak the Freak Out"
Cat's New Boyfriend is the 12th episode of Season 1 of Victorious. It aired on October 8, 2010. The episode premiered to 2.930 million viewers, the seventh-lowest amount of viewers for a Victorious episode.
The episode starts as Daniel and Tori run into each other at Hollywood Arts, and it is revealed that they used to date a year ago at Tori's old high school. Beck and Jade come by and learn of Tori and Daniel's past, as well as the fact that he is now dating Cat. Jade finds this incredibly amusing and makes subtle digs at Tori. Awkwardness abounds as Tori tells Cat the truth about her and Daniel. Cat, though surprised, is assured by both of them that she shouldn't feel bad about dating Daniel as he and Tori seem to be completely over each other.
The next day, Danny appears during lunch at the Asphalt Café. Jade brings up the Kickback, a Saturday night party at Hollywood Arts. Tori starts to become jealous of Cat and Danny's relationship after the two make plans to go to the Kickback together, much to Jade's amusement. Tori is further annoyed when Cat presents Danny with brownies she has baked. He enjoys Cat's desserts immensely, despite the fact that he told Tori while they were dating that he didn't like brownies after Tori had presented him with ones she had made. Tori leaves the table with a brownie in her mouth.
Later, the students partying at the Kickback: Sikowitz is barbecuing mysterious, shady sausages on his car, Danny and Cat are dancing together, and André is getting attention for his smooth feet. Beck and Jade feel André's feet and are impressed, expressing the desire to *ahem* follow in his footsteps. Tori has fun until she spots Danny and Cat kissing by the hot cheese fountain. In the heat of the moment, she overreacts by pressing the fountain valve, spraying hot cheese on them. After realizing what she did, Tori runs off, humiliated, and is later found in the auditorium by Beck and Jade. They question her about the cheese fountain debacle but Tori doesn't understand why she acted the way she did.
Toni goes to see Cat and Danny, who are getting cleaned up in the nurse's office. As she apologizes to Danny, he wonders if Tori is jealous of him and Cat dating even though she was the one who broke up with him. Danny wonders if Tori still has feelings for him, but she insists she is happy for Cat and struggles to understand her behavior. Their discussion gets out of hand as Danny and Tori kiss. Cat catches them and is shocked at first, before she begins to cry and runs off. Tori (and Danny) feel even more guilty for hurting her friend.
Over the next few days, Tori keeps trying to find Cat in order to explain herself and apologize, but Cat avoids her. Tori finally sees Cat at school and ends up chasing her down and dragging her into the janitor's closet in order to get her to listen. Tori finally apologizes and admits that what she did was wrong. Tori reveals her actions weren't because she still had feelings for Danny but rather because she felt jealous that he and Cat looked so happy together compared to how the two of them had been a year ago. A hurt Cat understands but points out that Tori could've simply discussed her feelings with her instead of acting out. Tori agrees and says, "If I were you, I'd punch me right in the face." Cat takes this too literally, actually punching Tori in the face, but she and Tori make up, as Tori believes that she deserved it. Cat takes Tori to the hospital, where the nurse realizes her nose is bruised badly and she has to be X-Rayed.
The subplot of the episode focuses on Trina's newly smooth feet that many of her fellow students are eager to feel, and Robbie wonders what's happening. He later goes to the Vegas' house and discovers that Trina is using exotic Pooka Fish to nibble away the dead skin on her feet, making them smooth. Robbie eventually uses them to treat his feet as well, paying Trina for it. Robbie is now also getting attention at school for his smooth feet, and André wants his feet smoothed as well. André also gets the treatment at the Vegas' house. Beck and Jade soon get their feet "smoothed" as well.
As Tori is awaiting her X-Ray, she and Cat discover that everyone who got their feet "smoothed" are in the hospital. The doctor overseeing their treatment tells Tori and Cat that they've contracted Myroleticulitus, a virus that attacks the nervous system from the fish saliva, which is toxic and full of bacteria. Trina later reveals that she bought the illegal pooka fish from a guy in a van. The doctor gets angered at Trina for using pooka fish for her feet smoothening until he feels Trina's foot at her suggestion. The doctor and nurses, however, agree that everyone's feet are, in fact, very smooth. As Tori, Cat, the doctor, and the nurses feel each of the feet, Trina is shown vomiting inside a plastic bucket the hospital gave her at the end of the episode.
- Eric Lange as Erwin Sikowitz
- Lane Napper as Lane Alexander
- Matt Angel as Daniel
- Loren Lester as Dr. Levinson
- Marisa Dorchock, (Ebony Gentry), Vincent Harris, & (Eric Uphoff) as the Dancers
- Keena Ferguson as Nurse #1
- Rae Latt as Nurse #2
- JoAnn Willette as Ms. Carpenter
- The phrase 'smooth as a baby's butt' was also used in a previous episode, Robarazzi.
- This episode marks the second time that Tori gets hit, excluding Stage Fighting. The first time was in Jade Dumps Beck, when Trina whacked Tori by accident with a tennis racket.
- When Tori was in the hospital for her nose, it was the first and only time blood was shown on Victorious.
- Sinjin is mentioned but doesn't actually appear in this episode.
- When Beck and Jade are searching for Tori, Jade impersonates Luther from the 1979 gang movie "The Warriors."
- This is the second time Beck is shown visiting the Vegas' house, the first being Tori Takes Requests #2.
- In the scene when Tori is sitting at a table with Danny, Cat, Jade, and Beck, she is wearing the same plaid red shirt with blue squares she wore in Robarazzi.
- The brownies Cat gave to Danny are actually store-bought, Cosmic Brownies.
- Sikowitz seems to think it is funny when Robbie and Tori ask what kind of meat he is grilling. This implies he put something odd in the sausage or that the "meat" is not actually meat but something else.
- Although, the most reasonable explanation is that the sausages are simply vegan and therefore, do not have meat in them.
- In one of the scenes where Robbie is showing off his smooth foot, his shirt resembles Tetris.
- Sikowitz is grilling out of the trunk of a Volkswagen Beetle.
- When Sikowitz runs over to fix the spraying hot cheese fountain, you can clearly hear him say, "What the hambones?". However, on closed captioning, it shows that he says "What the hell?"
- Danny is played by Matt Angel, who played Wayne-Wayne in the Big Time Rush episode Big Time Bad Boy. Big Time Rush is another show by Nickelodeon and Sony Music.
- Tori wears the same outfit that she wore in her video profile on TheSlap.
- Descriptions for the episode on guides mistake Danny as Michael and refer to him as Trina's boyfriend who is two-timing her with Cat.
- Cat and Tori are the only ones who weren't shown wanting to do the pooka fish feet dipping.
- It is never revealed why Tori broke up with Daniel.
- This is the third time Tori makes Cat cry. The first time was "Tori the Zombie" and the second time was "Wi-Fi in the Sky."
- The episode premiered to 2.9 million viewers, better than the previous episode but still the second straight episode to get less than 3 million viewers.
- When Sikowitz walks by Cat and Tori, he asks them if they can believe he got tickets to see Hall & Oates. Hall & Oates is a singing duo made up by Daryl Hall and John Oates who have written and sung together popular songs like "Private Eyes" and "Rich Girl."
- When Cat and Tori are at the hospital, the doctor who told Tori what happened to Trina and her friends is the same doctor that "treats" Rex in Rex Dies.
- Although, the doctor doesn't seem to remember them. Unless he noticed them offscreen.
- In one of her posts from TheSlap, Cat revealed Daniel was mad that she didn't show up at his house for Valentine's Day Dinner: apparently, she didn't even know she was still dating him. This could imply that she and Daniel made-up at some point at the end of the episode. Going by later comments in the season, they are still dating by the time of The Wood but broke up by the time of Sleepover at Sikowitz's.
- Beck and Jade are involved in all plots of the episode (the main plot, and the subplot). However, though they weren't actually involved (like they aren't the main focus of the plots) in the plots, they still appear in both of them.
- When Trina asks Tori, "You wanna try the Pooka fish?" and Tori answers, "You got rice and soy sauce?". She is sarcastically asking if it is sushi.
- Beck wears the same yellow and black plaid shirt he wears in Stage Fighting.
- Trina returns after two absences.
- According to Cat, there were hidden cameras in the janitor's closet. So the conversation of Tori and Cat was recorded and posted on TheSlap.
- The part of the conversation where Tori and Danny are talking about how weird it is for girls to wear skirts over jeans might be a reference to Jade's first What I Hate video, where she mentions girls who dress like that as something she despises.
- Cat is the only one of the main cast who isn't in the hospital for medical purposes in the end.
- When Robbie says to Tori that she "played smushy face with her [Cat's] boyfriend" and Jade says "Those things upset some girls", these lines imply that Robbie and Jade could've gone to check on Cat after that happened or heard it from Danny or Tori.
- Jade's line might be a reference to the Pilot when Tori kissed Beck.
- The name of Tori's old school (Sherwood) is mentioned for the first time.
- This is the first episode to feature a love interest for Tori, unless you include Beck in Pilot.
- Ending tagline: "THAT is a quality foot." - Robbie
- This is the first time that Cat's name is mentioned in the title.
- Sikowitz warned Lane about the dangers of hot cheese at a high-school dance. Lane looked sheepish when Sikowitz rubbed it in his face after the Tori incident.
- Dragging someone on the floor can create abrasions on their back, although this may not have happened in the acting sequence.
- When Tori sprays hot cheese on Daniel and Cat, they don't see her do it, but they seem to know she did afterward.
- If Danny still attends Sherwood High, then it doesn't make sense why he is able to visit Cat at Hollywood Arts in the morning.
- It's possible he stopped by on his way to Sherwood High.
- When Tori drags Cat into the Janitor's closet, Tori didn't turn the handle and it automatically opened. Tori couldn't have reached it and Tori's hands were on Cat's feet. Though the door could've been slightly ajar.
- When Cat ran away from Tori, she is seen throwing a water bottle from her hand. However, in the previous shot, she had no water bottle in her hand.
- Although exposed to the fish at different times, those who used the fish all ended up showing symptoms at the same time.
- Although Trina was the only one throwing up, and she was exposed to the fish first, it's possible that no one else experienced vomiting yet.
- When Beck and Jade are kissing, Jade puts her hand on Beck's head, but when the camera switches to another angle, her hand is no longer there and her sweater sleeve is covering her hand.
- When Tori first sees Cat and Danny making out, Cat is facing Tori's direction, but when she leaves, Cat is suddenly facing away from her. Although, it is possible that Cat just turned her head away from Tori offscreen.
- Cat and Daniel would have been severely burned from the hot cheese, yet they had no signs of burns on their skin.
- Cat says she baked brownies for Danny, but you can see that they were store-bought.
- Characters using the phrases “a million tiny fish kisses”, and “like a baby's butt.
- Characters getting their feet smoothed (Trina, Robbie, André, Beck, Jade).
- Jade acting strange every time Daniel is around to make Tori feel awkward.
- Cat kissing Daniel every time Tori is around.
Daniel: So, when did you get into performing?
Tori: Oh, see, my sister's tongue got all big and swollen, and here I am.
Jade: So who's that?
Tori: Uh, this is Danny.
Jade: Why are you talking to Tori?
Tori: He goes to my old school.
Tori: He...(points to Daniel) he was my boyfriend.
Daniel: (points to Tori) Girlfriend.
Jade: So why'd you dump her?
Jade: Can I guess, 'cuz I got a lotta guesses. (says slyly)
Daniel: Um, actually...
Tori: You-you don't have to...
Daniel: Tori broke up with me.
Jade: Oh, and how did you celebrate? (smiles)
Tori: Do you ever take a day off?
Cat: This is the guy I've been telling you about. My boyfriend!
Cat: Daniel, these are my friends: Beck, Jade, and that's Tori.
Tori: Yeah, we-we've met.
Cat: Really, you know Daniel?
Jade: [says in a suggestive manner] Oh, she knows Daniel.
Jade: Soooooooooo... (smiles)
Cat: How come everyone's being all weird?
Jade: I'll tell her.
Beck: No, you won't.
Tori: Cat, um...I used to go to Sherwood, with Danny, before I came to school here.
Cat: Oh, so you guys were friends?
Jade: [says also in a suggestive manner] Yeah, they were goooood friends...
Cat: I'm confused.
Tori: Danny and I used to date.
Cat: [shocked] Oh!
Beck: (in reference to Jade walking away abruptly) I apologize for...her.
Sikowitz: You see? This is what happens when you combine teenagers with hot cheese! I warned you...
(Daniel covers Cat's eyes)
Daniel: Guess who!
Cat: Um...Is it Beck?
Beck: I'm sitting right next to you I don't...
Cat: Oh yeah! (feels Beck's face) Hi Beck!
Beck: She's feeling my face.
Tori: So how did you guys meet...?
(Sees Cat and Daniel kissing)
Tori: Hey, do you guys wanna go...
(Sees Beck and Jade kissing)
Tori: Yeah... I... Okay. (Leaves)
Beck: Are you sure this is safe?
Robbie: Yes, we all did it.
Jade: Does it hurt?
Jade: [sadly] Aw.
Jade: [To Tori] Did Daniel ever spin you like that?
Tori: You wanna get slapped with a sausage?!
Jade: [Leans towards Tori] Sure!
Tori: [In an annoyed and disgusted tone] No!
Robbie: [To Tori] Have you tried the hot cheese fountain?
Robbie: They have a hot cheese fountain.
Tori: I've left Cat 5 voice mails and 12 text messages. Why won't Cat talk to me?
André: Cause you squirted hot cheese in her ear.
Robbie: And played smushy face with her boyfriend.
Jade: Those things upset some girls.
Trina: You wanna try the pooka fish?
Tori: You got rice and soy sauce?
Tori: Then NO!
Tori: I don't know. Maybe I did still have a few tiny little feelings left for Danny, and maybe that's why I went a little crazy, seeing you two being all mushy together.
Cat: You coulda just talked to me about it.
Tori: I know. What I did was terrible, and awful, and immature, and you have every right to be furious with me. I swear Cat, if I were you, I'd just punch me in the face.
[Cat punches Tori's nose]
Tori: OWWW! CAT!
Tori: You just punched me in the face!
Cat: You said to.
Tori: That's just a thing people say and—OWWWW!!
Click here to see the photo gallery for Cat's New Boyfriend.